Gross Domestic Product, unemployment, consumer confidence, bond ratings — the state of a nation can be measured using a series of black and white numbers, and while these tell a large part of the story they leave out a great deal. Every country has in a sense its own unique collective personality built from the attitudes of its people and their shared traditions and history. The journey that this country has taken from its inception to its current greatness has been made possible not by good economic indicators, but by the traits we have carried with us along the way. Through both high points and hard times we have been bolstered …
All Posts Tagged With: "Welfare"
For the sake of full disclosure, and ensuring people don’t accuse me of taking his words out of context, you can see the full transcript of the conversation between Obama and Joe here. I’m going to focus on one sentence that Obama said:
I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.
One can argue a hundred different opinions on this topic, and there’s been a lot of comments around how this is a Socialist agenda (and many consider this to be pretty obvious). However, the new argument from the Left is that there’s nothing new here …
I thought this was timely, and am sharing the complete text of what Bit posted at his site. It amazes me how easily we forget these things.
Bit says: This was sent to me via mail this monring, and I’ve echoed out in total:
- Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it.
- Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
- Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
- Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
- Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
- Democrats opposed educating blacks and murdered our teachers.
- Democrats fought against anti-lynching laws.
- Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well known for having been a “Kleagle”